Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Wishes Or Just Paper Planes

As I sat sipping my morning tea, watching feathered visitors to my garden, glancing at the eagle wheeling over the stream that snakes through close by besides keeping an eye on my roses being inspected by an overenthusiastic companion, the calm was shattered by the sound of a plane. Planes are a rarity in this part of the world, one merely gets to hear and see a helicopter now and then. It sounded like a fighter jet. I was immediately transported to my childhood, and the sights and sounds of different planes in the sky where we lived. The stream of my consciousness took me to what I wish/ed for, ambitions, desires - make things, paint, garden, write, teach, publish, care, love, rise high, stay put, run, stagnate, thrive...I still indulge myself in a bit of some, a lot of others and still wish for more, but increasingly I long for stillness, peace, quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment